RED CROSS MEMORIAL (First World War: 1914 To 1918)

The inscription: "This memorial is erected as a record of the Red Cross hospitals carried on during and after the Great War, 1915-23, by the No. 1 Cardiff East Division of the Glamorgan branch of the British Red Cross Society, and of the deaths which occurred therein: Old Mansion House Red Cross Hospital, September 1915 - December 1916, transferred to St Pierre's Red Cross Hospital, Newport Road, January, 1917 - April 1919; Clyne House Red Cross Hospital for Officers, June 1917 - September 1919, and for pensioners to April, 1923."

The memorial was unveiled by the Dowager Countess of Plymouth on Saturday, 16th February, 1924. It was dedicated by Rev D.C. Jones M.A., Vicar of Roath.