||Bully is approximately 20 kilometres north of Arras. From Arras, take the D937 towards Bethune. At Sains-en-Gohelle, turn right onto the D166E towards Bully. In Bully the Cemetery is on the right side of the road just after the railway, and there is a CWGC sign outside the cemetery entrance on the main road, the Rue de l'Egalite (D166E), in Bully-Les-Mines. The Commonwealth war graves plot is obvious as soon as you enter the communal cemetery.
||The French troops, whose place was taken in this sector by the British in June, 1915, had made an Extension on the West side of the Communal Cemetery; and from June, 1915, to June, 1916, 91 British soldiers and Marines and one German prisoner were buried in the French Extension, which contains also 241 French war graves. The British Extension, on the South-West side of the Communal Cemetery, was begun at the end of April, 1916, and was used until October, 1918 by the troops holding this part of the line. From April, 1917, to March, 1918 (Plot II, Row E to the last row of Plot IV), it was very largely an Artillery burial ground. At the date of the Armistice, Plot VI, Rows A-C, had been completed, and the Cemetery contained 595 graves. After the Armistice, Plots V (D-G), VI (C and D) and VII to IX were made by the concentration of graves from isolated positions and small graveyards on the battlefields East of Grenay. Three came from Grenay Churchyard, which had been damaged by shell-fire and was closed. One came from the German Extension of Sallaumines Communal Cemetery. There are now over 750, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, nearly 150 are unidentified and the names of two soldiers (one British and one Canadian), who were buried in the Extension but whose graves were not found, are recorded here on Special Memorials. The British Extension covers an area of 3,235 square metres, and it is enclosed by a low rubble wall.