||The Tower Hill Memorial commemorates men of the Merchant Navy and Fishing Fleets who died in both World Wars and who have no known grave. It stands on the south side of the garden of Trinity Square, London, close to The Tower of London. The 1914-1918 monument, built of Portland stone, consists of a vaulted corridor 21.5 metres long, 7 metres wide and 7 to 10 metres high, open at either end. It has three wide openings at front and back in which are placed piers of columns. The names of the war dead are inscribed on bronze panels covering the eight main masonry piers which support the roof, and are arranged alphabetically under their ships, with the name of the Master or Skipper (if it appears) first in each case. The Memorial is surmounted by a solid pediment bearing the following dedicatory inscription: 1914 - 1918 TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND TO THE HONOUR OF TWELVE THOUSAND OF THE MERCHANT NAVY AND FISHING FLEETS WHO HAVE NO GRAVE BUT THE SEA The 1939-1945 Memorial takes the form of a semi-circular sunken garden surrounded by walls. The internal face of the semi-circular wall is cased in bronze which bears in relief the names of the men commemorated. At regular intervals round this bronze casing are seven stone sculptured allegorical figures representing the Seven Seas. From the 1914-1918 Memorial stone steps lead down to the sunken garden and between the flights of steps is the main dedicatory inscription, which reads: 1939 - 1945 THE TWENTY-FOUR THOUSAND OF THE MERCHANT NAVY AND FISHING FLEETS WHOSE NAMES ARE HONOURED ON THE WALLS OF THIS GARDEN GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR COUNTRY AND HAVE NO GRAVE BUT THE SEA
||"TOWER HILL MEMORIAL 1914 - 1918 This memorial stands on Tower Hill, London, on the south side of the pleasure garden of Trinity Square. The Memorial consists of a vaulted corridor 21.5 metres long, 7 metres wide and 7 to 10 metres high. It is open at each end. It has three wide openings at the front and back, in which are placed pairs of columns. It rises in the middle in rectangular blocks. It is built of Portland stone finished with a circular treatment. The Names of the War Dead are carried on bronze panels, covering the eight main masonry piers which support the roof. They are arranged alphabetically under their ships of the Merchant Service.