||Mesnil was close to the British front line until September, 1916, and again from March to August, 1918. The Extension was begun in July, 1916, and used again as a front-line cemetery in 1918; but it was greatly enlarged after the Armistice by the concentration of graves from Mesnil Dressing Station Cemetery and from the battlefields of 1916 and 1918, North-East of Mesnil. There are now over 300, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this cemetery. Of these, nearly 100 are unidentified and ten special memorials record the names of soldiers from the United Kingdom, buried in Mesnil Station Cemetery, whose graves could not be found on concentration. The cemetery covers an area of 1,172 square metres and is enclosed (except where it touches the Communal Cemetery) by a wall. Mesnil Dressing Station Cemetery, now removed was to the West of Mesnil village, across the light railway. It was used from June, 1916, to February, 1917, and again from March to July, 1918, at both times very largely by the 63rd (Royal Naval) Division; and it contained the graves of 141 sailors, soldiers and Marines from the United Kingdom, five soldiers from Canada, and two German prisoners.